The astronomy lectures are open to anyone who is interested in discussing astronomy, the history of astronomy and other related topics.
The lectures take place regularly, mostly on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Tuesdays of each month at 18:15 (except from June to August).
The history of the astronomy lectures goes way back. They were initiated by Jaan Einasto back in 1948 when he had students host the astronomy lectures. In 1963, Hugo Raudsaar moved the venue of the lectures to the Old Observatory and since then they have always been held on Tuesdays. The last pause was during the renovation of the Old Observatory when the lectures were held in the main building of University of Tartu Museum in Tartu Cathedral.
The astronomy lectures are free for all, but they are held in Estonian.