Six reasons to visit the Old Observatory
1. Part of the Struve Geodetic Arc, which is on the UNESCO world heritage list.
2. Get acquainted with Estonia’s first astronomical observatory and the cradle of astronomy in Estonia – finished in 1810, the Old Observatory is also the oldest in Estonia!
3. Discover the world’s largest telescope of its time – the Fraunhofer Refractor.
4. Explore the contemporary hands-on exhibition.
5. Observe the sky with the historical telescope in the tower with a rotating dome.
6. Enjoy a wonderful green view of Tartu from the balcony of the Old Observatory.